“As an athlete, I had been through injuries and had to push myself through rehab, and I watched how the therapists and trainers worked to get the athletes back to their goals. Ultimately, I knew I wanted to help people and I wanted to be in an environment where I could do that, but also have variety and some connection to sports and athletes. PT fits that mold for me. I enjoy the interaction with patients/clients and making decisions about their best short- and long-term treatments. Once you connect with a patient, the recovery process is a whole lot easier.”
“I am very much ‘hands-on’ with my patients. I like to be in constant communication with the patient throughout treatment, making sure I am getting the optimal result. I hope to give my patients a return to the quality of life they enjoyed prior to their accident/ injury or condition. And a level of confidence about the quality of PT they receive and our ability to help them. I will do whatever I can to deliver them the best possible service and outcome. From the time they start to the time they finish PT, I am thinking about what I can do that will help them the most.”
- MPT: Physical Therapy, The College of Saint Scholastica, Duluth, MN
- BA: Health Science, The College of Saint Scholastica
- Developed: Performance Enhancement Program for Athletics, manual therapy protocols for headaches and fibromyalgia
- Trained: Mulligan Concept
- Certified: WorkWell Functional Capacity Evaluation (FCE) and Pre-Work Screens
- Additional Training: Elbow/wrist/hand rehabilitation and custom splinting
- Clinical Instructor: Education and Credentialing, American Physical Therapy Association
- Member: American Physical Therapy Association Private Practice Section, Nebraska Physical Therapy Association
Rusty loves spending time with his wife and six children. He also enjoys golf, Husker football, Duke basketball, reading books on history and playing any type of sports. He also enjoys coaching youth basketball and T-ball, as well as spending time with family and friends on the lake.
To schedule an appointment with us, please call our Columbus office at 402-564-5456, our Humphrey office call 402-923-1011, or our Northeast Nebraska office at 402-371-8278. You can also use our online Request an Appointment form.